Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Spare Time

At times I find this blogging activity could really be an interesting hobby. I say hobby. It would simply mean something of interest to you and whenever you engage into it, it offers a kind of happy feeling doing it.
I recollect when I was not old (or rather small) reading used to be my hobby; any materials would do then. It could also be by choosing this hobby, you would look okay and safe.Unfortunately, reading remains my hobby to date. It is a just a matter of the material.
I travel thru readings. I read how people (especially great people) use their thinking capability. I cross other people's mind. I learn from readings. I benchmark from readings. I compare things from readings. I place or create hopes by readings. I predict the future also by readings. I could be a different person by just reading. The Holy Quran affirms the importance of this reading activity; the first verses is on reading.
At times, I find it somewhat disturbing to meet people who do not read. Even worse, some may 'dislike' reading as they feel it is for students. To them, students need to read but for non-students, the game is over.
The success (ya ka?) of the government initiative of bridging the digital divide or BDD could illustrate the case in point. Access to reading materials is pretty much very easy; anywhere anytime. The smart phones nowadays provide this possibility though one may not go on-line at home or at the office but could be wired thru their phones. Privacy is compromised.
I confirm my commitment to this hobby.
Happy reading.

No comments: